Wednesday 2 January 2013

2013...

I wanted to take the opportunity of the New Year to thank you all for reading Stephanie Wears... It means so much to me to know that there are people out there who see these posts!

This year was by no means an easy one... I've learnt a few life lessons, the most important being, never sweat the little things. There are far more important things to worry about. A person extremely close to me was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last month, and her strength and humility in the face of such adversity has inspired me to appreciate the value of taking advantage of the gifts that life affords you, and treasuring the memories of those precious gifts. 

I saw some amazing things in 2012, and traveled to some beautiful places. I went to Paris in January for my birthday, my boyfriend took me to Madrid in the Spring, and this Summer I had a wonderful family holiday that took me on my second visit to New York City, my first to Miami and my third to Cancun. 

2013 will be a year of renewal. I will (hopefully) graduate from University, and begin a new life in the big, wide world; I'll kick some bad habits and I'll start some healthy ones; I WILL lose those extra pounds that have haunted me for most of my life. I will learn to appreciate myself for who I am, and try to regain some of the positivity that I have lost recently.

I wish you all the happiest of New Years, and I hope that 2013 is your best year yet...

Love,
Stephanie

3 comments: