I'm a student going into my 3rd year at University. It's no secret that as a sector of society, we haven't got oodles of disposable income, so shopping of any type is most definitely on a strict budget. (I've had times where I've bought Vogue or Harper's and had to sacrifice dinner.) In all honesty, the majority of my wardrobe can be traced back to a sale of some sort - I've definitely adapted to become a 'savvy shopper'. The key with sales is to invest in what I call 'endurance pieces' and not just fairweather trends. Also, it's important to plan - if you can check out a sale online before you visit in store - do. Have a clear idea of what you're looking for in mind, or you'll end up getting seriously carried away! (Although the sales are the perfect time to buy something you might not usually buy, so don't be afraid to have a little bit of fun) Some stores have a year-round sale section - ASOS for example has a great Outlet site.
Here are a few of my favourite websites for shopping on a budget...
- The Outnet is one of my favourite sites for torturing myself with designer treasures. Because the discounts are so insane it's hard to resist! (Tip: Their clearance sale is scheduled for Tuesday!)
- TKMaxx offers brands at discount prices, and their website is often just as fruitful as their stores. I kid you not, last week I saw some gorgeous Jeffrey Campbell shoes on their site for £39.99. Unfortunately they were only available in a size 3, but perseverance is key; in the immortal words of Governor Schwarzenegger - 'I'll be back'.
- Shoe-aholics is my worst-kept secret. I will literally tell anyone who will listen about its fabulosity. Shoe-aholics is a veritable schmorgasbord of gorgeous designer shoes with HUGE discounts- a lot of them are ex-display, so they may have the minutest of scuffs on them, but honestly, it's a small price to pay for the joy to be had from such bargainous gloriousness!
- Secret Sales was actually first introduced to me by my Dad -he literally gets a package from them every week. It's important with Secret Sales to check back regulary, because new sales pop up all the time. But they offer really impressive discounts from some amazing brands.
- Fashion Vouchers is only a recent find of mine, but its honestly been on my favourites list since I first came across it. Fashion Vouchers provides discount and shipping codes, offers and sale alerts on a wide variety of UK online stores... HOW MUCH DO WE ALL NEED THIS IN OUR LIVES?! Before you visit an online shop, make sure to check and see if Fashion Vouchers have any offers for it - that way you won't miss any golden opportunities to save!
- Amazon has a surprisingly good fashion section. I usually visit the site for shoes and accessories which can sometimes be found at a much lower price than alternative sites and the high street. I definitely recommend this as your first port of call for branded sunglasses, watches and shoes!
A few examples of the bargains to be had at some of these sites!