Saturday 8 March 2014

Wearing my heart on my feet.

KURT GEIGER VIA SHOEAHOLICS shoes
SOPHIA WEBSTER shoes
KAT MACONIE shoes

Just over a month ago, my boyfriend of nearly 5 years and I broke up. Since then, I've been going through a bit of a life overhaul, and spending my money on pretty shoes that I will now presumably need for single nights out. I'm hoping that this spending spree is just a phase that will eventually wear itself out, I'm sure that eventually I will have to process my feelings in a more mature and fiscally sound way, but for now I'm happy to shop my way out of them...

The first pair were reduced from £250 to £49 on shoeaholics.com (a relatively guilt-free footwear paradise from Kurt Geiger) and are a somewhat confusing interplay between librarian and dominatrix. Either way, I dig the silver buckles and generous toe cleavage, and I'm willing to overlook the patent leather.

Next are my Sophia Webster 'Roka' courts. I fell in love with them in her Covent Garden pop-up, but even though they were reduced, I couldn't justify £250 on shoes. Then I spotted them in the online sale for £147. No. Brainer. I'm not entirely sure how I'll style them yet - or where I'll wear them - but these are marginal details.

Finally, these Kat Maconie wedges are my most recent buy. I picked them up at London Fashion Weekend, and was seduced by the ponyskin and the ankle strap which hits my leg in exactly the right place, giving the illusion of making them appear longer and more streamline. Like a Pat Butcher racehorse.

4 comments: